History

The pub was established on the site in 1541 and was rebuilt in it’s current form in 1901.

The Castle saw many years as a traitional printers pub during the heyday of neighbouring Fleet Street. It now stands cheek by jowl with the The Jewish Chronicle, the only newspaper now operating in the area. The clientele may have changed but the castle carries on serving the local business community with its great menu and extensive list of traditional ales.